Each couple begins therapy with shared and individual strengths, histories, relational or attachment styles, and goals. We will work to heal past wounds, heighten awareness of self and your partner, and gather tools to maintain a shared goal of connection and trust even in times of conflict or turmoil. Our work together will involve evidence-based approaches such as the Gottman Method, emotion-focused therapy (EFT), and mindfulness-based interventions.
I believe my roles in our therapeutic work are to:
- strive toward understanding you, your perspective, and situation;
- ask exploratory and challenging questions to help deepen self-awareness and insight;
- provide useful suggestions and information based on my educational and clinical expertise and your needs; and
- support and empower you though the entire process of exploration and change.
Common couples therapy goals include:
- Deepening emotional and physical intimacy
- Repairing and fortifying trust and commitment
- Negotiating and thriving around differences (co-parenting, communication, personality styles)
- Improving communication and conflict resolution skills
- Healing past relational injuries